Learning English in USA

How can I get an F1 visa?

If you are an International Student and would like to get an F1 Student Visa LCI Language Center can help.  At LCI, we make the process easy with our LCI school representative walking you through each step of the way.  

Obtaining a Student Visa

Student visas are available for students studying 18 hours or more per week. Please see below for the steps to obtaining a student visa: 

  • I-20 Form—When your application is accepted by LCI, we will email you your  acceptance letter and I-20 (documents needed to apply for an F1 student visa) within 1-2 business days. If for any reason you need to postpone your start date, your application is valid for one year; therefore, you will only need to let us know your new start date so that we can send you your updated I-20.
  • Student Visa Fee—The US Department of Homeland Security requires F1 (student visa) applicants to pay the I-90 SEVIS fee of $350 . You must pay this before your visa interview. You can do so online at
  • Visa Interview—Make an appointment at the embassy or consulate in your country for a visa interview. We recommend applying as early as possible. For more information, please see our video Student Visa Interview Tips.
  • Student Visa—If your visa application is approved, you will receive a student visa after the interview (time varies depending on the embassy/consulate in each country). 
  • Final Payment to LCI—After you receive your visa, you can make payment for the rest of the tuition and other fees at least two weeks before class starts.

For more information about the student visa process, please see I-20 and Student Visa on the LCI website and the US Department of State Student Visa web page.

Do you accept F1 students transferring from other schools?

If you are currently an F1 student attending a school in the USA and would like to transfer to LCI, we can help.

Steps for F1 Transfer

  • Pay the $75 registration fee (non-refundable)
  • Pay a minimum of 4-weeks tuition (refund restrictions apply) 
  • Receive transfer form & acceptance letter from LCI
  • Placement test to determine your level 
  • Start classes!

Can LCI help with a Change of Status?

If you currently have a visa but would like to change to an F1 visa LCI can help.  We make the process smooth and easy.  Our LCI school representatives are ready to guide you and help with any questions you may have.

Steps for Change of Status

For LCI to issue your I-20 for the I-539 change of status application, we will need the following:

  • Copy of passport/visa
  • Copy of I-94
  • Copy of bank statement showing enough funds to support yourself while you study.  The bank statement can be yours or your sponsors.  Calculate the equivalent of $2000 US dollars per month you want to study (example: if you want the I-20 for 6 months, then you need to show $12000).
  • Registration fee $160.00
  • Change of status fee $95 
  • $500 tuition deposit fee. This is refundable if the change of status is denied.  It is not refundable if you abandon the application or decide not to study at LCI after all.
  • Once we have received these items, LCI will send the I-20 in one or two business days.

More information regarding the I-539

 Other costs related to the change of status but not paid to the school:

  • I-539 (change of status) application $370
  • I-901 SEVIS fee $350

 For more information regarding the I-539, please visit:

For More Information

If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to call us at 832-571-1007, come by the center to meet with an LCI representative, or visit the “Request Info” link on our website.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.