It’s International Education Week in the USA! Join American universities, institutions and businesses in the annual celebration of international education and the positive impact it has on our global community.
Co-sponsored by the US Department of State and the US Department of Education, International Education Week began in 2000 to promote American students studying abroad and foreign students studying in the USA. The initiative aims to increase international exchange and cooperation in an increasingly global environment.
Celebrate International Education Week While You Study English in the USA!
Many American university campuses host activities to commemorate International Education Week and highlight the benefits of cross-cultural exchange.
LCI Language Centers university partners around the country provide options for students and community members to participate in International Education Week. St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, for example, hosts a global marketplace and a speaker on international issues. The University of Northern Colorado, in Greeley, CO, features a whole week of events ranging from multicultural photo exhibits to international trivia contests to sushi-making classes.
Why Should YOU Study English in the USA?
In honor of International Education Week, here are some of the best reasons to study English in the USA:
- English is the language of business and global commerce, and those who study English in the USA will have a major advantage in any field.
- You’ll meet amazing people while you study English in the USA—from networking contacts to new friends.
- An understanding of multicultural topics and international relations is a boost for your resume—studying English in the USA will help your job prospects, no matter what country you’re from.
- International education is crucial to a rewarding and profitable future in our increasingly globalized world.
- Studying English in the USA is an unparalleled cultural experience. It’s not just beneficial—it’s also fun!